|Box has been listed as a level-5 vital article in Technology. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|This article was nominated for deletion on November 23, 2006. The result of the discussion was keep.|
|WikiProject Containers||(Rated C-class)|
Harry Potter and boxes???
What exactly is that nonsense about Harry Potter or something under "etui"? pointless 21:02, 16 October 2006 (UTC) NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!! XBOX 360 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 15:49, 15 February 2011 (UTC)
box as quantity
why is a million called box? and a billion yard?
- These surprising notions were asserted 14:12, 2004 May 17 by User:18.104.22.168, according to the history.
- They are hard to rule out, since
- million box billion yard
- produces about a quarter million hits, but (in case you need reassurance) the first 30 of them are irrelevant. Anyone wanting to put any such thing in the article should bring evidence rebutting the presumption of utter nonsense.
- --Jerzy (t) 01:48, 2005 Apr 17 (UTC)
This is a detailed article about the past and future of the packaging industry. I thought its most closely related to this article. 
- The above comment, by User:Wk muriithi at 04:21, 2005 Mar 27 offers (i conclude after consulting the history and scratching my head) a newspaper article (the "This" and "detailed article" in question) as source which could be used in enhancing this talk page's article (the "this article" in question). Sounds like a good idea if there is useful content; IMO it would involve retitling Box.
- --Jerzy (t) 01:48, 2005 Apr 17 (UTC)
It appears that my complaint in a summary
- Snuff box - dial back breathless "most distinguished and artistic forms" at least to admit Chinese box artistry
tone of article
This is the most unintentionally amusing article I've read in ages. Is the acutely foppish content from the EB 1911 or from a box-fetishist editor? Also we have a ton of bizarre snuff info here which is scarcely box-related. Will have a go at removing the 'breathlessness'. About boxes. Jeez. --Air 11:01, 26 May 2005 (UTC)
Actually, you're right. It is pretty complicated. But I say we keep it that way, as it's quite amusing.
- Imagine it read in the breathy tones of Brian Sewell.
Famous boxes (?!?)
Are the boxes in Metal Gear Solid really famous? Or is that just the best which can be done? My suggestion is to re-title the section and go for something different for the content there. Perhaps mention Houdini —Gohst 03:20, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
I'm wondering what the name would be for this, a common type of container in Eastern Europe (or at least in Russia). Are they also called boxes, or do they have a special name? Esn 03:14, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
- A drum? Or a hatbox? Cheers, DWaterson 15:00, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
I would like to see this article or a separate article explaining the information contained in box certificates. Sample link: http://www.boxshop.ca/box_certificate.php Pendragon39 (talk) 03:49, 23 March 2008 (UTC)
3 types of boxes are apple,squash,and peas.
- Do you mean Wikipedia:Userboxes?? And cross-namespace links to pages unrelated to the article subject don't normally go under the "See also" section per Wikipedia:Manual of Style. However maybe a hatnote something along the lines of "You may be looking for Wikipedia Userboxes, click here" would be OK, if we can get consensus about that. -- OlEnglish (Talk) 18:02, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
Apropos of nothing
Saturday evening, being social, meet an interesting stranger. Searching around for conversation topics, I know she is on Wikipedia, so I tell her of my involvement and ask her questions about the topic. When discussing the subject of NPOV, I asked what NPOV meant to her when discussing a completely non-polarizing subject. She requested an example of a non-polarizing subject. Inspired by a Simpsons expert, I suggested the article "Box". Looking over the discussion, the ruling is that no, there hasn't been a polarization on the box article. This entitles me to one free ice cream sundae, I therefore thank you all. :) CreedShandor —Preceding unsigned comment added by CreedShandor (talk • contribs) 02:26, 14 March 2010 (UTC)
This article opens with "plural boxen", while many of the sections use the term "boxes". This inconsistency is noticeable and should be fixed, replacing "boxen" or "boxes" with the appropriate term. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 05:26, 11 April 2012 (UTC)